Table of Contents
Organic Fly Trap – House Fly Trapping
2020 has all been about a burgeoning pandemic, COVID-19. With India fighting the major outbreak, the country has also understood the meaning of the word “disease transmission”. By far, the major transmission of deadly Sars-CoV-2 virus has been through droplet transmission. Airborne transmission and insect transmission has not been reported yet.
“Evidence has shown that the SARS-CoV-2 can be found in feces, and that stool samples can remain positive for the virus even when it is no longer detectable in the respiratory tract, suggesting the possibility of a fecal-oral route of transmission,” the study, published on March 16, said. The major carrier of this type of transmission is suspected to be house flies. If the house fly sits on this excreta and then on some food articles and spreads the disease, there can potentially be a deadly transmission that might hike up the death count.
Housefly – A Major Threat
House flies can cause a huge threat to the health of the general populace, as compared to other insects and rodents.
Well, house flies and other species of filth flies are known to spread a range of harmful diseases.
The World Health Organization reported that house flies are responsible for transmitting at least 65 diseases. House flies, blowflies, wasps, etc. are known to be responsible for spreading a range of diseases and infections. The WHO estimates that house flies are carriers of diarrheal diseases, skin, and eye infections.
Unlike other insects such as mosquitoes, house flies are not biting insects and are indirect vectors of spreading diseases. They transmit diseases due to their feeding and breeding habits. House flies will often feed on rotting or decaying matter, as well as they are also attracted by animals, cattle, etc.
In India the main breeding grounds for these flies are:
- ✓ Poultry farms
- ✓ Dairy farms
- ✓ Stud farms
- ✓ Pig farms
Flies affect dairy cattle and poultry animals in two ways-namely, by biting and sucking their blood and by transmitting diseases. The study conducted by the US Department of Agriculture in 1945 reported that beef cattle heavily infested with flies gained an average of 50 pounds less during the fly season than insecticide-treated cattle. In 1947 the University of Illinois demonstrated that dairy cattle protected from house flies attack produced 10%-20% more milk than unprotected cattle. These flies can cause severe damage to human health and cattle health. Hence, the need of the hour is effective prevention towards their breeding like Fly Trap House fly trapping system. Unlike other pheromone trapping systems and chemical sprays,
FlyTrap Trapping System has no chemical substances and is an organic proven system to trap thousands of flies at once.
Ways to Get Rid of Harmful Flies
There are three ways to get rid of such harmful flies:
- Chemical Sprays – Chemical pesticides are sprayed over the farms and near the cattle
- Pheromone traps – These are chemical-based attractants that kill flies when kept in the cattle
- Non-Pheromone Traps – These trapping systems use organic bait to trap flies.
Trapping systems like Fly Trap Fly Trapping System uses no chemical attractions which makes it harmless for the cattle and humans residing near the fly breeding grounds.
Effects of Chemical Based and Pheromone Based Trapping Systems
- Affects non-target organisms – These chemical sprays affect organisms other than the ones they are intended to kill. In India, farmers work 24 x7 in their farms and cattle fields, their exposure to such chemical sprays is harmful to their health and can lead to severe respiratory diseases. The pheromone trapping system and sprays when used near water bodies, can cause hefty loss of marine life. Also if these chemicals enter the food chain, the long-term effects are threatening for the ecosystem.
- Less effective Method – Repeated exposure to chemical sprays, builds up resistance in flies until finally, the spray has little or no effect. Every fly population produces some individuals with a genetic makeup that allows them to withstand the chemical effects. The population of resistant individuals increases over time until it forms the majority. Pheromone trap majorly attracts male flies, leaving female flies unaffected, who are responsible for the growth of the fly population.
India – Current Need
In India, to stop the damage caused by houseflies, blowflies, etc. there is a need for a minimum chemical-based and maximum effective method which is the non-pheromone trapping systems like Fly Tap Housefly trapping system.
This system is harmless for humans and animals in the cattle field. It has nontoxic and nonpoisonous ingredients. The trap is intended for outdoor use, the goal being to draw flies away from the breeding ground. The system generally attracts flies from a distance of 30-40 feet.
The Fly Trap Housefly Trapping System is totally organic and takes 24 hours to activate and here both male and female flies are attracted due to which there is a control on the fly population.
So, to lower down the havoc created by these little creatures, it is necessary to say a resounding Yes, to the FlyTrap Housefly Trapping System.